Locate an event using one of multiple methods.
Being able to locate events quickly helps users be more efficient and provide better customer service. Mazévo offers three ways to do this:
- Use the Open Event field/drop-down list located in the menu bar.
- Use the Event Book found on the dashboard and in the menu under Events.
- Use the Find Events tool found on the dashboard and in the menu under Events.
- Use the Activity Log found under Events on the menu.
- Use the Event Calendar found under Events on the menu.
The Open Event field is located in the menu bar. It allows you to find an event based on its ID (which is displayed prominently on the confirmation that a customer receives) or quickly access the last five events that you accessed or created.
To open an event using the Open Event feature:
- Type the event ID and press Enter. If your data was converted from EMS, you could enter the EMS reservation ID to open the event.
- OR click the arrow to view the drop-down list and select an event.
If your data was converted from EMS, you can enter the EMS Reservation ID in the Open Event field.
The Event Book displays a graphical representation of room usage for a given building and date. This allows you to scan the day’s events. Hovering over a bar displays more information about the event and provides access to additional options.
To open an event using the Event Book:
- Navigate to the appropriate day using the arrows or by clicking on the date displayed and the calendar icon, and selecting a new date from the calendar.
- Filter the display if appropriate by clicking Filters, selecting a building and/or a room type, and clicking Search.
- On the grid display, double-click an event bar to open the event.
- OR hover over the bar, click the arrow, and select View, Open.
Find Events is a powerful tool that lets you search for events with certain attributes. Types of searching you can perform include:
- Find all events for any date range.
- Find all events in a specific building(s).
- Find all events that have a specified status(es).
- Find all events for a particular organization(s).
- Find all events that have a specified event type(s).
- Find all events that have the selected service(s).
You can use multiple filters to narrow the list of events. For example, you could find all meetings (event type) for next month (date range) held in the Student Center (building) that has catering (service provider).
To open an event using the Find Events function:
1) Select Events > Find Events.
2) Select what you are looking for from the choices:
- All Events
- All Events for an Organization and select the organization to view.
- All Events for a Contact and select the contact to view.
- All Events for a Specific Room and select the room to view.
3) Select the timeframe for the events from:
- Today (the default)
- Next 7 Days
- This Month
- Next Month
- Last Month
- This Year (not a selection for All Events)
- Last Year (not a selection for All Events)
- Next Year (not a selection for All Events)
For more filtering options, select More Filter Options.
Tips and Tricks for Find Events
1. You can sort the results of the grid by clicking on any column heading on the grid. You can sort the data in descending order by clicking the column heading a second time.
2. You can filter the results by using the Search for a Booking filter at the top of the grid. The grid will dynamically filter as you type, filtering for that value in any column in the grid.
3. You can export the results of the grid by pressing the Export button. The export can be in PDF or XLS format.
4. You can group the results of the grid by any column by selecting Group By and then selecting the column.
Other ways to find events