This article explains how to create the different types of services that a service provider may supply.
Service types indicate how a service is presented. For example, you might offer a plated lunch and also a buffet lunch. Service types are a kind of resource associated with a service description resource group.
Examples of service types for a catering service provider:
- Breakfast - Served, Lunch - Served, Dinner - Served
- Breakfast - Buffet, Lunch - Buffet, Dinner - Buffet
- Lunch - Boxed
Examples of service types for an AV provider:
- Deliver and Setup
To create services types:
- Go to Settings > Resource Groupings.
- Click Add Resource Grouping.
- Type the name (like Catering Service Types).
- Select Service Description as the type.
- Click Save. Note: You only need one grouping record, not one group for each type of service.
- Go to Settings > Resources.
- Click Add Resource.
- Type the name (like Plated Lunch), and notes if appropriate.
- Select the resource grouping you created previously.
- Select the service provider.
- Click Save.
Watch this video to see how to create service types:
See how to setup resources here.