This article explains how to set the billing code for an organization.
A billing code is a number that you apply to an organization's record. Note that there is no "validation" of this number. You simply type it in the field provided and then save the organization's record.
This code is displayed on confirmations and invoices. It is also displayed when you use the Find Invoices tool.
To set the billing code for an organization
- Go to Events > Organizations.
- From the list of organizations, select an organization to edit.
- Type a billing code for the organization and click Save.
This billing code is automatically set on all new events created for this organization. However, you can override an organization's default billing code when creating an event. Existing events are not updated with a newly entered or changed billing code.
To edit the billing code for an event:
1. Locate and open the event you want to change.
2. Click Change Event.
3. Enter or edit the billing code.
4. Click Save.