This article explains what deposits and payments are, and how to make them in Mazévo.
Deposits are money applied to events before invoicing takes place. Payments are money applied to invoices you have generated in Mazévo. The system tracks deposits, invoices, and payments, so you always know the financial status of an event and its bookings.
Deposits are recorded on events from the event editor. Payments are applied to specific invoices from either the event editor's invoicing tab or from Find Invoices. For more details on the billing functions available in the event editor, see this article.
To make a deposit:
Deposits are amounts received before an event and before generating invoices. Since no invoice has not been created, you add a deposit directly to an event. These deposits then will be applied automatically to the next invoice that is generated for the event.
1. Locate and open the event using Find Events, Open Event, or the Event Book.
2. Click the Invoicing tab and then click Add Deposit and enter the following information:
- Date Received
- Payment Type - Cash, Check, Credit Card, Other
- Reference Number - Enter the check number or the last 4 digits of the credit card. DO NOT enter the entire card number.
- Apply for Booking on or after. Use this date to specify when the system should use the deposit for invoicing. If the date is blank, Mazévo will use the deposit on the next invoice that is generated.
3. Click Save. The system displays the entry in the Deposits area.
When an invoice is created for this event, the deposit (or deposits if more than one has been made) is applied automatically, reducing the total invoice amount.
Once a deposit has been applied to an invoice, the event will display the deposit information on the invoicing tab.
Payments are amounts received after you have invoiced an event. There are 2 ways to enter payments for an invoice. One way is to locate the event and enter the payment via the event editor, and the second way is use Find Invoices to locate an invoice and add the payment to that invoice.
Using Find Invoices to locate the invoice
1. Go to Invoicing > Find Invoices and Payments.
2. Set the filter to Invoices, select the Invoicing Department, and enter the transaction date range of the invoices that are being paid.
3. Click Search to see a list of invoices that meet the filtering criteria.
4. Click Add Payment to record a payment against the desired invoice and enter the payment information:
- Date Received
- Payment Type (Cash, Check, Credit Card, Other)
- Reference Number (Enter the check number or the last 4 digits of the credit card. DO NOT enter the entire card number.)
5. Click Save.
The amount of the payment will reduce the amount displayed in the Balance Due column. Repeat this process for any additional payments you want to apply to invoices. You may need to adjust the filtering options to locate older invoices.