See room availability, locate bookings, and open bookings with the Event Book.
The Event Book is a graphical depiction of the activity in your rooms. It's used to see if a room is booked on a particular date and time, and also to locate events. One of the benefits of using the Event Book is that it allows you to see the temporal relationships between bookings.
To use the Event Book:
1. Go to Events > Event Book.
2. To search by building, click Building, and then click in the field to select a building. To select another building, click in the field again. To search by room tags or room type, follow the same procedure.
3. After making your selections, click Search.
Navigating the display
Changing the Display Date
- To scroll forward or backward one day at a time, click the navigation arrows to the left and right of the date OR
- To change the date more than one day, click on the date and select a new date to display.
Searching for an Event
Use the Search box at the top of the grid to search for rooms and events. You can search for room name, room types, event name, organization, contact, status. As you type, the display of rooms will be filtered to rooms and events that match the search text.
This is a quick way to find just about anything event-related!
To zoom the display out, allowing you to see more data on your display, press Zoom Out.
If the building you are viewing has building hours defined, you will see the hours that the building is closed displayed in gray.
View Additional Event Details
- Hover your cursor over a bar to see more event information, including the event name, organization, contact, and status.
- Click the arrow at the end of an event bar to see options to view more information or open the event.
View Additional Room Information
To see additional details about a particular room, click on the room name to view setup capacities, notes, and an image of the room.
- Rooms that have sharing available have a special icon to indicate sharing is occurring.
- Clicking on the bar in a shared room will display a pop-up with each booking that is using the shared room.
Adding and Modifying Bookings
While using the book, you can quickly add a new event, change the room for a booking, or change the time of a booking.
Adding a New Event
1) To add a new event, simply double-click on the display grid on the room you'd like to add an event to at the time you'd like the event to start.
2) Select the Start and Event Time, the Organization, and the Contact information from the drop-down boxes and press Next.
3) Enter the remaining information for the event and press Save or Save and Open.
Changing the Time for a Booking
1) Select Change Times for the booking you want to change.
2) Enter the new time for the booking and press Save.
Changing the Room for a Booking
1) Select the Change Room option for the booking you want to change.
2) Select the new room from the list of available rooms and press Save.
Understanding the Display
- Setup and teardown time, if specified on the booking, are displayed at the ends of the event bar.
- Bookings in combination rooms are represented in all affected room components. In the example below, the booking is in Ballroom (East). However, the booking is also shown (faded out) in Ballroom (All), as that room cannot be reserved for this date and time since one of its component rooms is reserved.