This article explains what event questions are, how they're used in the request process to gather more information, and how to define them.
Event questions are displayed in the last step of the request process. Users are required to answer them in order to submit their request. Event questions may or may not appear based on what the user is requesting. There are three ways to trigger an event question:
- Always - These questions are asked of all users who are making requests.
- Location - These questions are displayed if a user requests space in a specific location.
- Service - These questions are displayed if a user selects a specific service.
After a reservation request is submitted, an event planner can view the event questions by clicking the Event Questions tab on the event page.
To configure event questions:
- Go to Settings > Event Questions.
- Click Add Question.
- Type your question.
- Select a Question Trigger.
- For location or service triggers click the Location or Service tab.
- Select the location(s) or service(s) that will cause the question to be displayed.
- If you're using a location trigger, you can select one or more buildings. Or, if you would like the question to only appear for a specific room or set of rooms, first attach a room tag to the room(s), then click the Room Tags radio button and enter the room tag. For more information on room tags, see Rooms: What They Are and How to Configure Them.
- If you're using a service trigger, you can select one or more service providers. Or, if you would like the question to only appear for a specific resource or set of resources, first attach a resource tag to the resources, then click the Resource Tags radio button and enter the resource tag. For more information on resource tags, see Resources: What They Are and How to Create Them.
To prompt a user for a specific predefined answer:
- Click Request specific answers.
- Type your answer.
- Click Add.
If you don't request specific answers, users are provided a text field where they can enter their response.
You can disable a question by selecting the disabled checkbox. Disabled questions will no longer be shown to requesters when they are creating new requests. Requests created before the question is disabled will still display the question/answer in the event editor.