This article explains what event questions are, how they're used in the request process to gather more information, and how to define them.
Event questions are displayed in the last step of the request process. Users are required to answer them to submit their requests. Event questions may or may not appear based on what the user is requesting. There are seven ways to trigger an event question:
- Always - These questions are asked of all users who are making requests.
- Location - These questions are displayed if a user requests space in a specific location.
- Service - These questions are displayed if a user selects a specific service.
- Manual - An event planner manually enters these questions.
- Attendance - These questions are displayed if the event's attendance is greater than or equal to the value entered.
- Event Type - These questions are displayed if a user selects a specific event type.
- Organization Type - These questions are displayed if the organization selected by the user for the event matches the selected types.
After a reservation request is submitted, an event planner can view the event questions by clicking the Event Questions tab on the event page.
To configure event questions:
- Go to Settings > Event Questions.
- Click Add Question.
- Type your question.
- Select a Question Trigger. There are seven triggers:
- Always. The question is always asked.
- Manual. This type of question can only be added to an event by an event planner.
- Location. The question is asked if the requester selects a room in this location.
- Service. The question is asked if the requester selects a resource from one of the selected service providers.
- Event Type. The question is asked if the requester selects an event type from one of the selected event types.
- Attendance. The question is asked if the event has an attendance greater than or equal to the trigger attendance value.
- Organization Type. The question is asked if the event's organization is associated with one of the selected organization types.
- If a trigger type of location, service, event type, or organization type is selected, a new tab will appear that prompts the user to select one or more values for the selected trigger type. For example, the tab will display a list of buildings for the trigger type of location.
For location triggers, you can select from a list of buildings or room tags.
You can select from a list of service providers or resource tags for service triggers.
To prompt a user for a specific predefined answer:
- Click Request specific answers.
- Type your answer.
- Click Add.
If you don't request a specific answer, users are provided a text field to enter their response.
You can disable a question by selecting the disabled checkbox. Disabled questions will no longer be shown to requesters when creating new requests. Requests created before the question is disabled will still display the question/answer in the event editor.