This article explains what event questions are, how they're used in the request process to gather more information, and how to define them.
Event questions are displayed in the last step of the request process. Users are required to answer them to submit their requests. Event questions may or may not appear based on what the user is requesting. There are eight ways to trigger an event question:
- Always - These questions are asked of all users who are making requests.
- Location - These questions are displayed if a user requests space in a specific location.
- Service - These questions are displayed if a user selects a specific service.
- Manual - An event planner manually enters these questions.
- Attendance - These questions are displayed if the event's attendance is greater than or equal to the value entered.
- Event Type - These questions are displayed if a user selects a specific event type.
- Organization Type - These questions are displayed if the organization the user selects for the event matches the selected types.
- Event Question Answer - These questions are displayed based on the answer to a previous question. These are called 'dependent questions' in Mazévo.
After a reservation request is submitted, an event planner can view, edit, and add additional questions to the event questions by clicking the Event Questions tab on the event page. To edit a question, click on the question to be edited. To add a new question, press Add Question. Dependent questions are indented under the parent question, as shown below:
To configure event questions:
- Go to Settings > Event Questions.
- Click Add Question.
- Type your question.
- Optionally enter a Link and Link Description. The link will be displayed above the answer. This is useful to display a policy page and have the requester acknowledge the policy.
- Select a Question Trigger. There are eight triggers:
- Always. The question is always asked.
- Manual. This type of question can only be added to an event by an event planner.
- Location. The question is asked if the requester selects a room in this location.
- Service. The question is asked if the requester selects a resource from one of the selected service providers.
- Event Type. The question appears if the requester selects an event type from one of the selected event types.
- Attendance. The question appears if the event has an attendance greater than or equal to the trigger attendance value.
- Organization Type. The question appears if the event's organization is associated with one of the selected organization types.
- Event Question Answer. The question appears if the answer to the previously answered question matches. For example, a requester is prompted with 'Will you be serving any food?' (answer options yes/no). If the requester answers 'yes,' ask the following question: 'What kind of food are you serving?'
- Select the Answer Type from Standard, Request Specific Answers, or Attachment. Standard will provide a text box for the user to enter text. Request Specific Answers will prompt for the list of answers to select from, and the Attachment option will prompt the user to upload a document.
- On the Notes tab, enter any notes regarding this question. The notes are only for internal use.
- If a trigger type of location, service, event type, or organization type is selected, a new tab will appear that prompts the user to select one or more values for the selected trigger type. For example, the tab will display a list of buildings for the trigger type of location. You can select from a list of buildings or room tags for questions that use location triggers.
To prompt a user for a specific predefined answer:
- Click Request specific answers.
- Type your answer.
- Click Add.
You can disable a question by selecting the disabled checkbox. Disabled questions will no longer be shown to requesters when creating new requests. Requests created before the question is disabled will still display the question/answer in the event editor.