Each customer that uses Mazévo, has several settings that affect the operation of the software. Below is a description of these settings that are maintained by the support staff at Mazévo. Please contact Mazévo support to update any settings.
Event Planner Settings
- Allow Event Planners to Manage Requesters. This setting, if turned on, allows event planners to manage user security for requesters. This is off by default.
- Booking Lock Days. This setting determines how old a booking can be before changes are prevented. The default setting is 365 days. The purpose of the setting is to prevent changes in historical data.
- Booking Deletion Grace Period. This setting determines how old a booking can be before deletions are prevented. The default setting is ten days. The purpose of the setting is to allow bookings in a canceled status, to be deleted from the system.
- Limit Event Planner to Specific Buildings. This setting will restrict event planners' editing privileges to their user profile buildings. If the parameter is disabled, event planners can edit events that occur in any building. This is enabled by default.
- Use Event Descriptions. This setting will prompt event planners and requesters for a long event description. By default, this setting is off. This setting aims to allow the entry of a lengthy description of the event published on the public event calendar. In addition, it helps describe specifics about the event, such as ticket pricing, showtimes, and details.
- Organization Required. This setting, if enabled, will require an organization to be selected for all new events. This default setting is on (require organization).
- Use Organizations. This setting removes the ability to manage new and existing organizations and organization types. By default, this setting is on.
- Contact Required. This setting, if enabled, will require a contact to be selected for all new events. This contact becomes the primary contact for the event. This default setting is on (require contact).
- Drop Down Time Increment for New Events. The default is 15 minutes.
- Event Number - Extra Digits. The default is two digits. This can be increased if the number of events exceeds 2.6 million records.
Notification Emails Settings
Use Booking Notifications. Event Planners, Global Administrators, and Operations Managers can receive email notifications for new events and resource updates when this setting is on. The default setting is false.
- Send Booking Notifications after X Minutes. When new events are created or modified, Mazévo sends notifications to users that opt-in to receive these notifications. This setting changes the frequency when emails are sent. The default is 30 minutes.
- Read-Only Worker. This setting determines whether a user with the Operations - Service Worker role can mark work as in process or completed. By default, service workers can change the state of work items.
- Half-Day Hours. This setting determines the number of hours to calculate half-day and full-day pricing. The default is 4 hours.
Public Calendar Settings
Remove Monthly Views. This setting removes the monthly view options, both the calendar and list views, from the public calendar. The default is to show the monthly views.
Remove Organization Name. This setting removes the organization name from the calendar results. The default setting is to show the organization.
Remove Contact Name. This setting removes the contact name from the calendar results. The default setting is to show the contact.
- Allow Requesters to View Request Summary. If turned on, this setting allows a requester to get a confirmation (labeled as a request summary) for any of their events thru the mobile or web interface. This is on by default.
- Allow Requesters Access to All Events. By default, requesters will have access to the All Event process. Mazévo Support can change this setting to remove All Events for requesters.
- Number of Days to Display in All Events. The setting restricts how far into the future requesters can view events while using All Events. The default is no limit to the number of days.
- Use Check-in for Requesters. This setting determines if the check-in/no-show processes are available to use. This option is off by default.
- View Events for All Associated Organizations. If this setting is turned on, Mazévo will show the requester all events/bookings for all organizations that the requester is associated with, regardless of whether the requester is a contact on an event. This setting is off by default.
- Disable Request Approved Email. This setting disables the email sent to the requester when the event is approved. This setting is off by default, meaning the requester will be notified of event approvals.
- Disable Request Denied Email. This setting disables the email sent to the requester when the event is denied. By default, this setting is off, meaning the requester will be notified when events are denied.
Cancel Incomplete Requests After x Minutes. This setting determines how long an incomplete request should remain active in the system. The default setting is 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, the event and all of its bookings are canceled. An incomplete event is an event where the process is interrupted before the final step. The main steps in creating a new request are:
- Select and book the room(s).
- Select any required resources.
- Provide answers to any event questions.
- Use Resource Options. This setting will turn on or off the use of the resource options feature. This advanced feature allows the definition of sophisticated resources that require additional selections. For example, a catering resource called the Italian Dinner Buffet may allow for selecting one or more sub-items (pick two salads, pick one main entree, and select one dessert). This option is off by default for new customers.
Account Creation Settings
- Allow SSO to Auto-Create Accounts. When multiple tenants are related, a new user will be created as a requester in all related tenants with the default SSO security policy. This setting is on by default.
- Request Account on Vanity URL. When a vanity URL is assigned, this setting controls whether the Request New Account link is displayed on the log-in page. This allows new users to the site to request an account. This only applies to tenants that are NOT using SSO. The default is false.
- Instructer Back-to-Back Minutes. This setting determines the number of minutes between courses. The default is 10 minutes.
- Use Room Optimization. This determines whether to optimizer is turned on or off. The default is on.
- Use Academic Final Exams. This determines if the final exam scheduling tool is available. The default is false.