Cancel one or more bookings by opening an event and changing their status.
An event is comprised of one or more bookings. Each booking has a room, date, start time, end time, and status. Canceling an event is as simple as changing the status of all its bookings to one that has a Cancelled status type.
You can also cancel one or more bookings while leaving others unchanged. You would do this if, for example, a requester decides that they won’t need a room on a particular date but still plans to use the other room(s) on the remaining date(s).
When you cancel a booking, the space that the booking was holding is returned to the system as available for other events. The system retains canceled bookings for reporting purposes.
To cancel an event:
- Locate and open the event.
- Check the box next to the bookings to be changed. Use the checkbox at the top of the column to select/unselect all bookings.
- Select Change Bookings > Change Status.
- Pick the appropriate status to cancel the bookings.
- Select a reason for the cancellation.
- Optionally, enter any notes about the cancellation. The note field can be used to record who canceled the event and why it was canceled.
- Click Save.