This article explains how to use the Find Invoices and Payments tool to search for invoicing transactions, drill into the data, and export the results.
Find Invoices and Payments is a tool that can be used to retrieve and analyze invoicing data. The data can be from invoices, payments, or deposit-type transactions and can be analyzed and exported for reporting purposes. In addition to reviewing data, you can use the tool to record payments against invoices, void transactions that need to be adjusted, and resend invoices.
To use the Find Invoices and Payments tool:
1. Go to Invoicing > Find Invoices and Payments.
2. Select Invoices, Payments or Deposits.
3. Make entries in the Department and Transaction Dates fields to narrow your search as appropriate.
4. Check the Include Deleted box, Include Zero Balances and Include Negative Balances if appropriate.
5. Click Search.
This choice filters the data down to a single transaction type.
This filters the data to the selected invoicing department. Invoicing departments are used to separate financial transactions for the various billing entities in your organization.
This is the date range for the transactions to be retrieved. Note that it is not the date range of events, but rather the date the invoice was generated or the payment was posted to the invoice.
Include Delete Invoices/Payments/Deposits
This field changes based on the transaction type you've selected. Checking the box tells the system to include data that has been marked as "Deleted."
Include Zero Balances
This field is only available when searching for invoices. Checking the box tells the system to include invoices that have a zero balance (i.e., have been paid in full).
Include Negative Balances
This field is only available when searching for invoices. Checking the box tells the system to include invoices that have a negative balance (i.e., have been overpaid).
Above is an example of the results of a search for invoices. From this screen, you can perform several functions:
- Review/resend an invoice. Click the invoice number to review the invoice and resend it.
- Add a payment. This allows you to record a payment against the invoice.
- Review audit history. This shows you when the invoice was created.
- Delete the invoice. You might use this function to delete an invoice that was created in error.
- Export data. This function lets you export results in PDF or Excel format.