This article describes how to use the advanced functions of Mazévo's Find Events tool.
What's different in the Advanced version
There are several features that we added in the advanced version that includes:
- The overall look and feel of the filters screen have been improved.
- The ability to select the columns that are displayed in the results. You can also remove any of the standard columns.
- The ability to pre-filter the data. This returns a smaller set of data, making the manipulation of the results quicker.
- The ability to rearrange the columns in the results grid
- The ability to group the results by dragging columns to the grouping bar. Within each group, you can control the sort order.
- The ability to add additional filtering criteria to the results for each column.
Launching the advanced version
The advanced version can be found as an option in the main Find Events filter.
Clicking on Advanced Filter displays this screen:
Display Mode - Bookings or Resources
The results for your search can display one row per booking (Display - Bookings) or one row per resource (Display - Resources). When using the Resources mode, additional columns will be available for the results, including resource, service provider, quantity, and amount.
What columns are displayed
You can pick which columns are displayed in the results grid, including turning off any of the default columns by clicking in the display columns field. The list of columns includes all of the event questions defined in the system; you'll need to scroll through the list since there at the bottom.
Filtering (Pre-filtering limits the amount of data returned to the results)
To add filtering, press the Add Filter button.
After pressing the Add Filter button, use the checkboxes next to each field to select it.
After select one or more fields, press Add.
The fields you select are now available to filter by.
Click into each filter field and use the checkboxes to select the filter values.
When finished, adjust the date range and press Search to view the results.
Viewing and manipulating the results
Just drag the columns up to the gray bar to group by that column.
Clicking on a column heading will sort the data by that column. Click once for ascending and click again for descending. You can sort by multiple columns.
Changing Column Order
You can change the order of the column by dragging them around.
Filtering - Overall
Use the Search for a Booking to filter by all columns.
Filtering by column
At the top of each column is a filter icon. There are numerous options with and/or logic.