This article explains what messages are, how they're used, and how to create them.
Messages are predefined blocks of text that can be used on confirmations, invoices, and emails to convey information such as details on policies and procedures or notes about the event. Examples of messages include:
- Facility use guidelines
- School policies
- Signature block
- "Thank you" note
To create a message:
1. Go to Settings > Messages.
2. Click Add Message.
3. Type the name of the message. This is a short description.
4. Type the message text. The message text can be styled (bold, italics, underlined, justification) using the toolbar at the top of the message text box.
5. Select Confirmation Header, Confirmation Footer, Invoice Header, Invoice Footer, or Email Body.
- Header messages display between the heading of the document and the document body.
- Footer messages display at the end of the document.
- Confirmation messages are only available to use when generating a confirmation.
- Invoice messages are only available to use when creating invoices.
- Email Body messages are available when sending a confirmation or invoice. They are used to add a block of text to the body of the email.
6. Check Automatically Apply Message to New Confirmations if you want the message to be applied to confirmations by default. If the message is used infrequently, clear the checkbox. You will still have the option to select the message manually when producing a confirmation.
To remove a message, just click the trash can icon in the Remove column. Note that once a message has been used on a confirmation it can't be removed unless it is first removed from all the confirmations it was associated with.