This article explains how to create organizations in Mazévo.
An organization is the group, department, or entity that is responsible for an event.
To create an organization:
1. Go to Events > Organizations.
2. Click Add Organization and enter information as described below.
On the Details tab:
- Enter the Name of the new organization.
- Enter the Address, City, State, Zip Code, and Phone.
- Select the Organization Type, if appropriate. Organization types are used to categorize longer lists of organizations into logical groupings (e.g., Faculty, Student Groups, External).
- Select the Event Coordinator, if appropriate. The selected coordinator will default on all new events for this organization.
- Enter the Email Address for the organization. This address will be available to use when sending confirmations and invoices.
Special settings for each organization:
- Requestable - allows the organization to be selected during the requesting process (see below).
- Prevent New Events - Prevents the organization from being used on a new event. A note field will appear for recording any comments.
- Disabled - Hides the organization from any future use in the system.
On the Contacts tab:
- Select one or more contacts that are associated with this organization by clicking the Add Contacts button, checking the box beside the appropriate contact(s), and clicking Add Contacts.
On the Billing tab, enter billing information that will be used for all new events created for this organization:
- Enter the Billing Code.
- Select the Pricing Plan.
- Check Apply Taxes if this organization should be charged sales tax.
- Check Apply Service Charges if this organization should be charged service charges.
3. After providing/selecting the necessary information, click Save.
By default, a user can only make requests on behalf of organizations that they are specifically associated with. If you prefer, you can loosen this restriction and make any or all organizations available for any user making a new request by setting the Requestable flag on the organization.
Note: Organizations marked as requestable are available to any user creating a new request.
To mark an organization as requestable:
- From the list of organizations, check the box next to the organization. You can select more than one organization for this operation.
- Choose Requestable > Yes from the menu that appears above the list of resources. Choosing No removes the Requestable flag from the selected organizations.
To change the pricing information for multiple organizations:
1. Check the box next to the organizations you want to modify.
2. Click Change Pricing Plan.
3. Select a Pricing Plan and check/clear the Apply Taxes and Apply Service Charges boxes as appropriate.
4. Click Save.
- To view an organization's contacts, click the Contact icon in the grid.
- To view an organization's events, click the hamburger icon in the grid.
- To add a new event for an organization, click the '+' icon in the grid.