This article provides an overview of the approval system in Mazévo.
The approval system in Mazévo allows for one or more approvals to be created for an event based on its various attributes. Mazévo monitors the "state" of each approval and allows for one or more "approvers" to accept or deny approvals that have been routed to them for review. The event planner can monitor all approvals in the system, change individual approvals, and set the overall status of the event based on the actions of the approvers.
Examples of Approvals
- All AV requests must be approved by the AV Department.
- Events over 100 people need Security Department approval.
- Events using the ballroom must be approved by the building manager.
- All events that are using the Special Events event type must be reviewed.
Mazévo automatically creates approvals for the following types of "triggers":
- Always. Every event must be approved.
- Location. Approval is required for certain spaces.
- Size. Approval is required for events that exceed a certain size threshold.
- Services. Approval is required if certain resources or services are requested.
- Type of Event. Approval is required for certain event types.
There are six states for approvals. The first three are the most common in Mazévo:
- Pending. The approval is awaiting action from an approver.
- Approved. The approval has been granted.
- Denied. The approval has been denied.
The other three states have special uses:
- Waiting for Review. The system can be set up so that approvals must be reviewed by an event planner before being changed to the Pending state.
- Disregarded. The approval is ignored and treated as if it never existed.
- Pending - Changes Made. Changes have been made following approval, so additional review is required.
To create an approval:
1. Go to Settings > Approvals.
2. Enter a description and optional notes.
3. Select the approval trigger. Based on the selection, an additional tab (or an additional field in the case of Attendance) is displayed. Click that tab and make entries as appropriate.
4. Click the Approvers tab and check the boxes for people whose approval is required. (Note: only users with the Oversight role are shown in the list.)
5. Click Save.
Managing Pending Approvals
An approver in Mazévo is a user that has been granted access to the Oversight role by an administrator and selected as someone who needs to review certain types of approvals. The approver can see a list of pending approvals in the Mazévo mobile app or on the web and approve or deny them.
If an approval is assigned to more than one approver, only one of them needs to change the state of the approval (approve or deny). Other approvers can access the history of all of the approvals that have been assigned to them regardless of which approver changed the state.
The Event Planner's Role in Managing Approvals
The event planner is the "quarterback" of the approval system. They have three tools at their disposal for managing approvals:
- Day at a Glance - Requests. Requests are grouped by the overall approval status.
- Day at a Glance - Approvals. Events are grouped in request status by each individual approval record in the system. If an event has three approvals, regardless of their states, the event is displayed once for each approval. After an event has been confirmed or cancelled, it is no longer displayed here.
- Event Editor. The event editor can be used to review and edit any approval for the event. It can also be used to change the state of approvals from Waiting for Review to Pending if the system has been set to use this preview feature.