This article explains that publishing a report is a simple way to save report filters and date parameters. This allows other users to run the report without having to configure the report setup.
Generating a report in Mazévo is a simple process, but to the untrained or novice user, running reports may be intimidating. To help make reporting even easier for all users, Mazévo allows you to "publish" a report.
Publishing a report saves the report setup information, including the date range and filtering criteria, and allows another user to click on the saved report to run it.
For each published report, you can email a URL/link to a user. The email recipient needs to have the Event Reporting Viewer security role. The recipient can run the report at any time without having to log into the system by just clicking on the link in the email. The report will be generated with the most up-to-date information when the link is pressed.
How to publish a report
1) Select the report to be published.
2) Set the date range for the report.
3) Set the filtering for the report.
4) Press Publish.
5) Enter a Report Description (or name) for the published report.
6) Indicate whether the report is Available To Other Users with report viewing access. Leaving the box unchecked will make the report private and only available to the user that published it.
7) Press Save.
Reports That Can Be Published
The following reports can be published in Mazévo:
- Daily Operations Report
- Event List
- Rooms Cards
- Service Order Form
- Revenue Analytics
There is a special security role, Event Reporting Viewer, that you must grant to a user for them to run published reports. This role is separate from the Event Reporting Publisher role, which allows a user to configure and run reports with the option to publish a report setup.