When you use the advanced mode of requester security, there are a variety of options available to limit when a requester can submit or change a request. This article is a deep dive into those restrictions.
Restrictions at the Policy Level
Several restrictions are specified at the policy level. The restrictions are:
- Limit the number of bookings per event - You can set the total number of bookings a requester can create on an event. This can limit how many rooms or dates can be selected during the requesting process. For example, if you only want a request to choose a single date for each event, you set this option to one.
- Show Billing Code - You can prompt the requester for a billing code and even force the answer to be entered (required).
- Allow Copy Event - For some policies, you may grant the users the ability to copy old events forward to a future date. Any user tied to the policy would have this option.
Restrictions at the Room Security Group Level
- Booking Time Frame - You can specify specific hours that rooms can be requested. This can limit the requester to a time frame that is less than defined for building hours. For example, your building is open from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., but you have a few rooms that can only be used after 5 p.m. You can use the Booking Time Frame to restrict those rooms from 5 pm until 11 pm.
- Earliest Booking - You can limit how close a request can be made to the 'current' time. For example, if you set this to 24 hours, the earliest a booking can be requested is 24 hours from 'now.' This is specified in hours.
- Last Booking - You can limit how far in the future a request can be made. This can be a 'rolling' number of days or a hard date limit. Just to let you know, you'll need to adjust the hard date limits regularly.
- Max Time Block - If you want to limit how long a user can request space, specify this using the Max Time Block. For example, if you only want requesters to use the space for 2 hours at a time, you'd set this option to 2 hours.
- Max Daily Hours - Use this option to set a daily quota (in hours) of the rooms tied to this security group. If you set this to 4 hours, a user can only use rooms for 4 hours per day (midnight to midnight). This can be used with the Max Time Block to limit a user to 2 bookings of 2 hours per booking.
- Max Weekly Hours - Use this option to set a weekly quota (in hours) of the rooms tied to this security group. If you set this to 10 hours, a user can only use rooms for a total of 10 hours per week (Sunday to Saturday) for all of their bookings in the week.
- Max Monthly Hours - Use this option to set a monthly quota (in hours) of the rooms tied to this security group. If you set this to 20 hours, a user can only use rooms for 20 hours per month (for the calendar month).
- Use Check-In - If you want users to 'check-in' to a room, you can use this option to turn on the check-in feature. If a user doesn't check-in in the allotted time, their booking will be canceled and set to the status you specify (typically a special status called No Show). When you use the check-in option, you'll also need to specify the grace period for check-in, including the number of minutes before and after the booking starts.
These restrictions can be used in any combination. For example, you might restrict a user to a minimum 24-hour booking window (Earliest Booking), but no further out than 30 days (Last Booking), for a maximum of 2 hours per booking (Max Time Block) and a limit on the number of hours per week (Max Weekly Hours).