This article explains how to define tasks, which are reminders you attach to events, bookings, or organizations and assign to one or more users who are then responsible for completing them.
Tasks are an easy way to keep track of actions you need to perform like making sure the facility agreement form is signed by a certain date or the final catering count is reviewed five days prior to the event. A task can be assigned to an event, booking, or organization, or it can be a freestanding reminder or to-do item for an event planner ("Schedule facility fire code inspection," for example).
The important things to know about tasks are that:
- Tasks can be applied to events, bookings, and organizations.
- Tasks are assigned to one or more event planners to complete.
- Each task has a due date.
- Each task has a Notes field you can use to enter details about the reminder.
- Mazévo can be set up to create tasks automatically based on certain "triggers."
To define a new task:
1. Go to Settings > Tasks.
2. Click Add Task.
3. Enter the description for the task.
4. Select what the task will be attached to (Event, Booking, Organization, or Unattached).
Note: A task can only be associated with or attached to one type of record.
5. If this task is associated with an event or booking and you want it to be automatically created based on a particular condition, select a task trigger.
There are six options to choose from:
- None. This type of task must be manually added to the event or booking.
- Always. The task is applied when an event or booking is created.
- Location. A new task is applied if the event has bookings in the selected buildings or with selected room tags. The system displays a new tab if you choose this trigger type, and you can opt to use buildings or room tags and select or search for the desired items.
- Service. A new task is applied if the event has services associated with the selected service providers or resource tags. The system displays a tab where you can select or search for items.
- Event Type. A new task is applied if the event has an event type selected from the list. The system displays a new tab where you check boxes to make your selections.
- Attendance. If you select this trigger type, you indicate the attendance that causes the task to be applied.
6. Select the due date calculation method and enter a number of days.
There are four options to choose from:
- None. The due date is set to today.
- Days After Task Is Created. The due date is calculated as the number of days specified after the task assignment date.
- Days After The First Booking/The Booking. For tasks attached to an event, Mazévo calculates the due date as the specified number of days after the date of the earliest booking. If the task is attached to a booking, the system calculates the due date as the specified number of days after the booking date.
- Days Before The First Booking/The Booking. For tasks attached to an event, the system calculates the due date as the specified number of days before the date of the earliest booking. If the task is attached to a booking, the system calculates the due date as the specified number of days before the booking date.
7. Select the users responsible for completing the task.
The users you select are added to the task as being responsible for the task when it is applied to an event, booking, or organization. If no users are selected as the defaults, none are associated with the newly created task and users must be assigned using the Manage Tasks function or while managing tasks in the event editor.
You can create a task that is not attached to any event, booking, or organization. Unattached tasks can be used for individual/personal reminders.