This article explains what statuses are used for and how to create a new status.
Statuses indicate what should happen to the inventory of available space when an event is created. The most common statuses are:
A confirmed event is one that has been scheduled and will be taking place. If the event organizer decides the room is no longer needed, you can change the event's status to be canceled. Canceling the event makes the room available for another event at that date and time. Rather than deleting the event, changing its status to canceled leaves it in the system, making its history available to view and report on.
The system uses two status types: Booked and Cancelled. These status types control what ultimately happens with the room inventory. In other words, the name you give to a status does not affect its function.
For example, you might choose to name a status "Confirmed" or instead use "Reserved." Either way, it's the status type that determines room availability. Using status types allows you to define more than one status that books space and more than one status for canceled events. Examples of statuses and their status type might be:
- Confirmed (Booked)
- Tentative (Booked)
- Hold (Booked)
- Canceled (Canceled)
- Lost Business (Cancelled)
- Request (Booked)
- Canceled Request (Canceled)
To Create a Status
1) Go to Settings > Statuses. A list of all statuses in the system will be displayed.
2) Click Add Status to create a new status or select a status from the list to edit its information.
On the details tab, enter:
- Status Name
- Status Type (Booked or Canceled)
- Default Setting
- Color (the color will be displayed on various screens within Mazévo as a visual indicator of the status)
3) Press Save.
When you define a new status, you can indicate via the default setting field if this status will be system-wide default. The default setting fields change based upon the status type selected for the new record. These defaults are used for requesters creating new events and canceling existing events.
For statuses of type confirmed, the default settings are:
- Use this Status when a user creates a new Request - The status is used for all new requests that need approval by an event planner. The event planner will approve or deny the request, which changes the bookings' status to another confirmed or canceled status.
- Use this Status when a user creates a new Event - The status is used for all new requests that do not need approval by an event planner. This is typically used for 'self-service' applications, where the requester can book space without additional review.
For statuses of type canceled, the default settings are:
- Use this Status when a user cancels a Request - The status used when a request is canceled by the requester or denied by the event planner.
- Use this Status when a user cancels an Event - The status is used when the requester cancels a 'self-service' request.
- Use this Status for conflicts - The status used when copying events (or bookings), and the booking is not available at the new date/time. This is an optional status that the system will use instead of the canceled status, allowing for easy identification of conflicts separate from cancellations.
To use the conflict tools in Mazévo, a status with a status type of Canceled, and the default setting of 'Use this Status for conflicts' need to be created.
Every time a new event is entered into the system via the web or mobile interface, a status is associated with each of its bookings (date/time/room). To change a booking's status, open the associated event, select the booking, and click Change Status.