This article highlights key billing features of the Mazévo system.
Below is a list of key billing features and important considerations you should be aware of when performing invoicing and related functions in Mazévo.
- In Mazévo, what are called Invoicing Departments have preset filters for buildings, statuses, and service providers, so the filtering is consistent for any user creating invoices.
- Mazévo stores the logo as an account setting.
- When preparing invoices, you can see a preview of the invoice before generating it. Creating the invoice assigns the number and records it permanently in the system. There is no need to run a billing worksheet report to see what is about to be invoiced.
- After you generate an invoice with a simple button click, it's ready to email to the billing contact.
- Invoices and deposits can be viewed in the event editor by event planners.
- You can edit an event that has been invoiced. There is no "invoice locking" concept in Mazévo.
- You can delete an invoice. If you do, payments already made against the invoice become unapplied deposits.
- You delete an invoice rather than voiding it.
- You do not have to void deposits and payments before deleting an invoice. Deposits and payments are automatically re-applied to the next invoice generated for the event.
- An event planner can resend an invoice from the event editor.
- An event planner can view an invoice from the event editor.
- An event planner can enter a deposit for an event.
Payments and Adjustments
- Payments are not tied to an invoicing department, just an invoice.
- There is no adjustment process.
- Find Invoices and Payments is the tool used to report on invoice and payment data. It includes a simple export function that can produce an Excel or PDF file, as well as the ability to sort invoices by date, which provides information similar to an aging report.
- Revenue analytics functionality in Mazévo enables you to generate revenue reports by billing code and account code. This capability captures data without events having to be invoiced, and it can provide details on taxes and services charges.