A user is someone who has access to one or more functions of the Mazévo system. Access to these functions is granted to the user by the assignment of security roles to the user account.
A user in Mazévo, a unique record based upon an email address, contains all of the security permissions for the user. These permissions or roles determine what functions the user can access when using the system.
User records can only be created and maintained by users with either the global administrator or user administrator roles.
To create a user:
1) Go to Settings > Users. Mazévo will display a list of all users in the system.
2) Click Add User to create a new user or select a user from the list to edit its information.
3) On the Details tab, enter the following information:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number (Optional)
- Notes (optional)
4) On the Security tab, select the primary role(s) for the user from:
- Global Administrator
- Event Planner
The primary role is optional. This is useful for creating a user that can only run reports.
Selecting the Requester Role allows for creating a requester or a view-only requester. View-only requesters can not make or edit requests. If the user is allowed to make requests, a security policy will be required. Security policies dictate various permissions used for making requests.
- If you do not specify a security role for a view-only requester, the Event Book will not be available for this requester.
- A requester who can create requests can also be granted the option to specify setup and teardown times while creating or editing their events.
Selecting the Event Planner role allows for creating a full or view-only event planner.
- For users with the Create Events, you must select the buildings and security tags where this planner can create and edit events.
- You can mark the planner as an event coordinator by checking the Event Coordinator checkbox.
5) select any additional roles for the user on the Other Security Roles tab.
6) Press Save.
You can combine the Global Admin role and the Requester role to allow a global admin to test the requesting process. After adding the requesting role to a global admin account, the user (the admin) must log out and back into Mazevo to see the requester menu items.
You can also make a user both an Event Planner and a Requester. This is useful when a user needs event-planning privileges for a limited set of spaces, but for all other rooms in the system, the user can use the requesting functions.
Mazévo User Passwords
After creating a user record, the system will automatically send an email to the user's email address. The email will contain a link for users to confirm their email and create their password. This link will expire after one day. An administrator can resend the email if needed by clicking Resend Invite.
For additional security information, see A Guide to User Security.