This article explains the process for creating a new event.
Users who have the Event Planning role have access to the Add New Event process on the Mazévo dashboard. This allows them to create single-day, multi-day, and multi-room events consisting of one or more bookings.
Here are some common event requests and the type of event that results:
- "I need a room next Tuesday at 10 a.m." (1 event, 1 booking)
- "I need a room next Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m." (1 event, 2 bookings)
- "I need a room every Tuesday afternoon for the two months." (1 event, 8 bookings)
- "I need two rooms next Tuesday afternoon from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m." (1 event, 2 bookings)
- "I need a room every Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for the next year." (1 event, 52 bookings)
As you can see, each event is made up of one or more bookings, with a booking being a unique room/date/time combination. There is no limit to how many bookings an event can have. That said, it may make it easier to manage a large event (one with hundreds of bookings over a period of months or years) if you break it into smaller events, but that is a matter of personal preference.
Creating an event involves walking through a process in which you answer a handful of questions about the gathering: Who is attending? When is the event taking place? Where is it taking place? What is the event?
To create an event:
- Go to Events > Add New Event.
- Select the organization that is holding the event from the list or add a new organization.
- Select the contact person, indicate the number of people that will be attending, and click Next.
- Indicate the start and end time. Check the box if setup time will be needed and enter the number of minutes of setup/tear down time.
- Select the date of the booking(s). If the bookings will repeat, select the pattern and provide the required information. Click Next.
- Select the building in which the bookings will take place. You can select multiple buildings by clicking in the field repeatedly. Click Find Rooms.
- Check the box next to the room(s) you want to reserve. Click Next.
- Type the event name, optionally select an event type, select the status, and check the box if this is a private event.
- Optionally select a pricing plan, check the box if taxes should be applied, and click Book Rooms.
Watch these videos to learn more about creating events:
Simple - single day, single room
Simple - 2 days, single room