But getting better every day at what you do is no simple task! Fortunately, with the right event management system, it does get easier. That’s especially true of your ability to achieve five crucial goals:
1. Improve Customer ServiceEvery scheduling department’s top priority must be ensuring that events meet the expectations of organizers and attendees. How can an advanced event management system help you do that? In several ways, including that the right solution:
- Puts all the information about every event “at the fingertips” of everyone who needs it
- Lets customers check space availability before submitting a request
- Empowers your team to process requests quickly and efficiently
- Has built-in tools for streamlining the approval process
- Makes it simple for other team members to step in and assist since the details they need are readily available
- Integrates with digital signage systems and also makes it easy to print and post room signs
The result of these capabilities is that although your team is tackling many tasks for each event, the customer only sees a seamless, stress-free flow from their request through the successful event.
2. Increase Operational Efficiency
It seems scheduling departments are constantly being asked to “do more with less,” and efficiency is the key. Implementing the right event management system helps you comply with that request in multiple ways, including that you can:
- Minimize hunting for information by having it all in a centralized, accessible system
- Save time by automating repetitive tasks
- Check space availability quickly
- Generate professional-looking confirmations
- Email service providers updates to event details
- Schedule communications, like automatic reminders to customers of upcoming events
- Monitor approval workflows on an intuitive dashboard and take action if needed
- Streamline the management of schedules, service needs (AV, catering, etc.), room setups, and contact information
- Integrate with HVAC systems for automated heating and cooling
As a result, you can get more work done with less effort. That lowers everyone’s stress level and enables you to handle growing event volumes without increasing your department’s head count.
3. Grow Revenue
Not every organization bills for the use of its space and resources. But if yours does, you’re likely expected to help improve the bottom line. The right event management system can assist in this area by making it easy to:
- Measure your revenues and share information as needed by generating sales reports
- Stay on top of tentative events to encourage customer follow through
- Keep track of event cancellations and look for trends you can address to minimize them
- Monitor space availability so you can attempt to “sell” rooms and areas
- Impress customers with your attentive service and generate word-of-mouth advertising from event hosts and attendees
4. Optimize Facility Utilization
Whether you bill for the use of your space or not, there’s a cost to operating your facilities. Consequently, people expect you to utilize your space effectively. An event management solution has capabilities that help by:
- Keeping everyone “on the same page” through fast access to critical information
- Making it simple to visualize space use
- Empowering requesters and internal customers to check availability and make online requests
- Enabling you to generate reports you can use to even out event volumes throughout each week and across all of your spaces
Optimizing facility utilization minimizes scenarios where your team is overwhelmed by the number of events or customers are frustrated by what they perceive as a lack of options and availability.
5. Increase Safety
There are, unfortunately, many risks to the safety of staff members, hosts, attendees, and others—from severe weather to violent acts. Having event information available and integrated with other systems helps lower those risks. For example, a modern event management system can:
- Give security team members, police officers, and first responders vital insight on event locations and attendance
- Integrate with door-locking systems to keep facilities more secure
- Use automated notifications to make stakeholders aware of large, VIP, high-profile, or otherwise higher-risk events
In an emergency, the key to positive outcomes is, in large part, information. By eliminating the “mad scramble” for event details, your event management system can play a critical role in protecting everyone involved.
What Are Your Specific Goals, and How Can a Scheduling Solution Help You Meet Them?
While many event scheduling and management objectives are universal, every organization has its own unique goals. How could the right event management system help you achieve them? The best way to find out is to see a live demo of Mazévo customized to your environment.