Whether you’re looking for a new event scheduling system now or will be taking on that task at some point down the road, functionality is a primary concern. “Does the system do what we need it to do?” is an important question, of course. But it shouldn’t be your only consideration.
A scheduling solution is only as good as the company behind it. And if you don’t make it a priority to learn more about that company, you may find yourself with lots of impressive bells and whistles but some serious issues to contend with like how you get up and running and how your system is supported.
Selecting the Perfect Provider
At Mazévo, we’re proud of our leading-edge scheduling solution and the people who continually enhance and support it. But whether you choose our system or that of another provider, you shouldn’t settle for anything less than a company that has these five attributes:
- A focus on ease of implementation. Nothing can kill the enthusiasm for a new scheduling system like a deployment that takes many weeks or months. And there’s no reason it should. With a cloud-native system, implementation is simply a matter of the provider setting aside some cloud storage space and giving you access to the system. Ideally, the company should also be able to assist you if you need to get data from your legacy system into your new one.
- Attentive customer/technical support. Scheduling system downtime can be devastating for a busy events department. And even with less critical issues, delays in getting the help you need can be a serious problem. So can getting assistance from a person who isn’t intimately familiar with the system they’re supporting. It’s crucial that you know who supports the scheduling solution you’re considering and how that support is provided before you make a purchase.
- A forward-looking product development strategy. If the provider of a system you’re researching isn’t actively improving that system, or only makes enhancements when customer complaints get loud enough, that’s obviously a red flag. On the flip side, if a provider has a well-defined strategy for continuous product improvements and is eager to discuss its plans with you, that should give you confidence that you’re in good hands.
- Transparent pricing model. Nobody likes hidden fees or unexpected expenses. If you get a whiff of that type of thing—either from a provider who seems reluctant to get into pricing details or from your conversations with industry peers—you should scratch the company from your list.
- A wealth of event scheduling industry experience. Having some software development expertise (or even a great deal of software development expertise) doesn’t mean that a company’s event scheduling system will meet your needs. Meeting and event management is a unique discipline that’s about much more than simply booking rooms and resources. You want to work with a provider that truly understands the challenges you face.
Tips for Getting the Whole Story
Buyers who just see a generic demo or two before making their scheduling software purchase decision often regret that decision later. In order to be sure you fully understand the product and the company offering it, you need to do more.
For example, you should:
● Read all the marketing and technical information on the system that you can get your hands on cover to cover.
● Request a customized demo of the system that takes into account the kinds of data you currently use, the types of events you schedule, etc.
● Talk with other event scheduling pros. What has their experience with the product and company been like?
● Check out the company’s blog, if they have one, to see how committed they are to sharing best practices and other information their customers will find useful.
● Talk candidly with a sales rep about where the product is today and where they envision it being in years to come.
Taking these steps can help ensure that you’re well-informed and ready to make an important decision that will have long-term ramifications for your organization
Interested in learning more about Mazévo—the product and the company? We’re happy to answer any questions you have and show all that our advanced, web-native event scheduling solution can do! Schedule a session today.